Everyone wants their print project to be done quickly, at the lowest possible price, and with great quality. That’s what we do at Kwik Kopy Printing Dallas! Here are a few tips to help make your print project the best that it can be:
- Submit all of your artwork, mailing lists, and other project components at one time. Multiple partial submissions increase the effort required to manage your project, can result in additional work and delays (and cost), and increase the possibility of a mistake.
- Provide only final artwork, mailing lists, and other project components. Submitting preliminary items significantly increases the total work required for the project since the graphic design and layout work must be repeated with the final components, elevates costs, and raises the possibility of an error.
- Plan for bleed in your project, if applicable. If you have design elements that are intended to print to the edge of the finished piece and you are providing “print ready” artwork, please read the overview of designing for bleed by clicking here. Kwik Kopy Printing Dallas can provide any graphic design assistance that you may need for your project.
- Photo and artwork resolution is important. For optimum print quality, photos and artwork should have a resolution of 600 dpi or greater at the final printed size. Many photos and artwork taken directly from websites have a resolution of only 72 dpi and will not print satisfactorily. The resolution of photos and artwork decreases as they are enlarged (unless the artwork is a vector file such as an .ai or .eps file); doubling the size of a photo will cut its resolution in half. Check the resolution of photos and artwork that you want to include in your print project.
- Check your proof very carefully. The proof is the representation of what the final product will look like. It’s inexpensive and easy to make corrections at the proofing stage. Verify that the layout, spelling, punctuation, color, resolution, completeness, and other components are exactly what you want.
Thanks for the opportunity to work with you; we consider it a great privilege to help our customers achieve their goals. We hope that you have found these tips to be useful as you plan your next print project. Kwik Kopy Printing Dallas stands ready to do whatever is needed to ensure the complete success of your project.