Through the years, Kwik Kopy Printing Dallas has been a leader in managing our business in a way that impacts the environment in a positive and thoughtful manner. We have implemented a comprehensive set of activities that result in an absolutely minimal impact on the environment:
- All of our paper purchases are from paper companies that harvest trees from decades-old tree farms specifically planted, harvested, and replanted to provide an ongoing source of pape
- We use recycled papers whenever possible, and encourage others to do the same. Kwik Kopy Printing Dallas utilizes a “house” sheet which contains recycled material. We offer a wide range of fully and partially recycled paper and envelopes to our customers. Choose from a variety of recycled papers for your next project!
- Kwik Kopy Printing Dallas reduces the amount of material required to produce a given quantity of product by efficient design and layout, effective set-up procedures, highly skilled employees, extremely strong quality standards, and impeccably maintained equipment. Our scrap rate is exceptionally low.
- The minimal out-of-specification product that is generated is saved for use as future set-up material whenever feasible. With the reuse of out-of-specification product for set-up, many of our jobs attain a 100% yield with the new materials utilized for those jobs.
- Trim scrap is repurposed as notepads whenever possible and utilized internally or resold.
- Kwik Kopy Printing Dallas uses inks and toners that are recyclable.
- Our digital color press equipment utilizes emulsion aggregation (EA) toner, which yields sharper image quality, higher reliability and reduced toner usage in an energy efficient manufacturing process. Pages printed with EA toner use 40 percent to 50 percent less material than conventional toner.
- Our black & white digital press equipment uses polymerized toner, which enables fusing at a lower temperature and reduces the amount of toner consumed when printing the image. The polymerized toner therefore not only saves energy, but also conserves resources.
- Our digital envelope press can print the logo, address, barcode and indicia all in one pass, eliminating separate printing and addressing steps and reducing energy and resource requirements.
- Kwik Kopy Printing Dallas utilizes computer-to-plate imaging equipment, eliminating film scrap and the associated chemicals and resources.
- Deliveries and pickups are scheduled and routed to maximize efficiency and minimize energy consumption.
- We utilize high color-rendering LED lights to minimize our energy consumption.
- Kwik Kopy Printing Dallas uses strong “list hygiene” practices to ensure that our marketing mailings are only sent to current, active customers with deliverable addresses. This eliminates returned and unwanted mail pieces and the resources required to produce them.
- Old computers and monitors are also recycled.
- We operate a high output, small footprint facility with correspondingly lower energy requirements and attain industry-leading output on a square footage basis.
- Kwik Kopy Printing Dallas generates no hazardous waste and uses responsible, comprehensive waste disposal methods. These methods are often more expensive, but we consider them to be a wise investment.
- We are exempt from obtaining an air permit from the state due to our lack of air emissions.
- Our storm water general permit includes a no exposure certification, as we have no exposure of industrial materials or activities to precipitation or runoff.
If you have suggestions about how we could further limit our environmental impact, please call us with your ideas.